Purchasing a violin is a difficult task but if you are trying to buy the best violin for the advanced players, you might find yourself in a fix. Why?
People expect that violins for advanced players should sound extraordinary and should be a stunning piece of art visually that’s why the selection of violin for a professional violinist is difficult.
To be honest, they are not wrong. If you are paying top dollars then you expect nothing but the best.
However, finding the right violin with amazing sound is pretty overwhelming in today’s highly saturated market where you may find brands of every type with numerous models just to make you feel dizzy.
Therefore, we step in to help you in this regard and come up with a list of best violins for advanced players featuring top 07 models that are best for professionals or students with highly advanced skills.
The reason to make this list is to provide you with all the available information on the topic and enable you to make an educated choice while buying a violin. The rundown is not in chronological order.
Our Top Picks
Table of Contents
- List of top advanced violins of 2021
- 1) Fiddlerman Soloist Violin (The legacy of Fiddlerman)
- 2-Maestro Model 509 Violin (Truly a Maestro)
- 3-Yamaha Model 5 Violin (Yamaha – The name is enough)
- 4-Snow SV 400 Violin (It knows everything!)
- 5-Mikhail Vitacek Violin (Get it for LIFE!)
- 6-Cremona SV-1400 Violin (Why So Beautiful!)
- 7-Louis Carpini G2 Violin (It’s on Clearance – Get It)
- FAQs for advanced players
List of top advanced violins of 2021
Here are the top 7 best violins for advanced & professional users.
Fiddlerman Soloist Violin -The legacy of Fiddlerman
Maestro Model 509 Violin -Truly a Maestro
Yamaha Model 5 Violin –The name is enough
Snow SV 400 Violin -It knows everything
Mikhail Vitacek Violin -Get it for LIFE
Cremona SV-1400 Violin -Why So Beautiful
Louis Carpini G2 Violin -It’s on Clearance – Get It
1) Fiddlerman Soloist Violin (The legacy of Fiddlerman)
The Soloist has impressed the professional violin players with its playability and amazing tone while bearing in mind its considerable price.
Moreover, the Soloist arrive Ready-to-play-out-of-the-box. The soloist is an elite level violin manufactured by Fiddlerman in their multiple award-winning workshops.
The Soloist undergoes the famous 10-point inspection for its quality, comfort, and ease of playability. Therefore, this is the best choice for advanced players.
- Solid Spruce top, flamed maple back, and boxwood fitting
- Wood must be aged for 10 years at least
- Ebony fingerboard and Hill-style fine tuner for E string
- Hand-applied classy and antique varnish
- Pre-installed Dominant Strings
- High-grade Carbon fiber bow with Siberian Horse Hair.
The outfit includes lightweight case, shoulder rest, rosin and polishing cloth. The cherry on top is the lifetime warranty and lifetime free adjustments by the Fiddlershop.
2-Maestro Model 509 Violin (Truly a Maestro)
Maestro is a perfect match for professional players for either solo routine or an orchestral play.
To begin with, the warm and round tone with extraordinary playability makes the Maestro more desirable.
Moreover, the sound it produces is simply exquisite, and combining with stunning classic visuals of the violin makes it a treat for eyes and ears.
- Carved from naturally aged and seasoned European tone-woods
- Entirely handmade and oil-varnished
- Gives the experience and hum of a classic violin
- Carbon fiber bow and Pernambuco wood bow
- Bricks Pilot case and sufficient amount of rosin
- Included accessories are higher quality
- Available sizes are 4/4, 7/8, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16
The 62 years old reviewer The Buddhist Witch commented
To conclude, the violin and its playability urge the player to keep on playing for longer hours and keep on learning with great ease.
In other words, the Maestro is for sincere enthusiasts who are playing this violin professionally or for those who are planning to do so.
3-Yamaha Model 5 Violin (Yamaha – The name is enough)
Their excellence for producing handcrafted violins by using traditional methods is unmatchable.
Similarly, Model 5 encourages higher playability and generates sweet and soft sound.
- Solid carved spruce for the top while solid maple for back and sides
- Ebony fingerboard, rosewood pegs, rosewood chinrest, and tailpiece
- Four fine tuners with prelude strings
- Brazilwood bow and rosin included
- A lightweight Cordura-covered case
Doug giving five stars to this model wrote in his review
Yamaha Model 5 is only available in 4/4 (full size) but has a 05-year warranty by Yamaha Corporation of America.
Generally, the critiques grade Model 05 as a “student instrument” but another group of experts think that Model 05 has all the firepower in its armory which a professional violinist demands.
It is one of famous article in 2021 thats why we put it into best violin 2021 list.
4-Snow SV 400 Violin (It knows everything!)
All Snow violins are hand-made, rubbed with an antique varnish finish, and they offer the best craftsmanship.
Snow SV 400 hones a smooth and dominant tone along with a striking outlook.
It surprised the professional players while exhibiting extraordinary sound, playability, and robustness.
SV 400 is absolutely compatible with solo acts and even for orchestral settings.
- Top carved from Italian Spruce while back from flamed maple
- Excellent fingerboard and quality ebony pegs
- Available in 3/4 and 4/4 sizes
Even professional violinists are sometimes stunned by the great sound of this well-made instrument.
One of the best benefits of this model is its balance of quality and affordability. Consequently, having a reasonable price tag, SV 400 enables a huge number of advance players to obtain access to this beautiful instrument.
5-Mikhail Vitacek Violin (Get it for LIFE!)
The construction is complex yet attention to detail is there. The main focus while assembling was on the soundbox because its complicated structure ensures the perfect sound and remarkable projection.
- 100% genuine ebony fittings
- Handcrafted with solid maple and spruce tonewoods, and oil finish
- Backed by a lifetime warranty and 45-day money-back guarantee
- Highest-rated on Amazon
- Number one rated customer service in the U.S
- Genuine Brazilwood bow
- Assembled in Kennedy Violin’s workshop in Washington
The outfit consists of numerous high-grade handy items. The professional case for the protection of Violin, sufficient amount of rosin, and D'Addario Prelude strings are few to name.
The internal grooves are actually responsible for the marvelous sound that Vitacek produces. These grooves guide the pulsations through the violin to its soundbox and produce strong sounds.
6-Cremona SV-1400 Violin (Why So Beautiful!)
Further, the maestro is well-figured; completely hand-carved, and properly graduated which explains the clarity and the volume.
- Completely hand carved
- Top carved from premium quality Spruce
- Back is one-piece Maple with dark brown oil varnish
- Hill style boxwood fitting
- Assembled and set up in Cremona’s workshop
The Brazilwood bow is outstandingly well-balanced. On the other hand, the outfit comprises of a lightweight case which gives deluxe protection to the violin in all seasons and makes it easy to carry around.Package
The outfit includes
- Travelite TL-35 deluxe suspension case for ultra-lightweight protection
- Exceptionally well-balanced J. LaSalle LB-17 Brazilwood bow.
- The lightweight case that helps to carry the instrument around through all weathers.
- Ebony Fingerboard
7-Louis Carpini G2 Violin (It’s on Clearance – Get It)
Kennedy Violins actually outdid themselves with G2. It turned out to be a “hot cake” for professional violinists.
Louis Carpini G2 is notoriously famous for creating a richer sound than any of the other violins in the same category.
- High-flamed maple for the back and inlaid ebony purfling
- High-grade Ebony Pegs, Chinrest, and Fingerboard
- Durable composite tailpiece with 04 built-in fine tuners
- A custom-fit French Aubret Maple Bridge
- Giuliani Brazilwood bow
- Complimentary extras are: Kaplan Artcraft rosin, string cloth, luggage tag, and a Portland string set
- Available in 1/2, 1/4, and 3/4 but best in 4/4
- Portland Elite carrying case
Many violinists praised the sound projection of G2 which is quite high yet has a very balanced and round sound.
Lastly, another feather in the cap for G2 is that all the Louis Carpini violins have a lifetime warranty against the workman’s defect, so the same goes for G2 as well.
Advance players likes the electric violins for their concerts & professional activities. So electric violins also normally consider for advance violins. If you are planning to purchase advance violin then you check electric violin list.
This concludes the list of the top 7 best violins for advanced players. To sum up, we are hoping you get a benefit from this article and provided information as per your expectation.