If you are planning to buy a gift for your child or if you want your child to learn how to play the violin then you have come to the right place. We are providing the best kids violin 2021 in this amazing article.
Learning a violin can be complex and requires a lot of time but kids are quick learners. So encourage your kids about the violin at in early age. Also, kids want more enjoyable activities in life, so always support them for such activities.
Violin makers have designed different kinds of kids violins that can meet the needs according to a child’s age, size, the capability to perform, and their height of interest. Choosing the right violin can benefit from enhancing your child’s capabilities and boosts up their confidence level in playing a musical instrument.
We have assembled a wide variety of best kids violins considering the specifications, features, reviews, children’s needs, which will absolutely help you in picking up the best kids violin 2021.
Our Top Picks
Table of Contents
- Top Best Kids Violin 2021
- 1-Crescent Student Violin Starter Kit-Best starter Kit for kids
- 2-Cremona SV-75 Premier Novice Violin: Best for Entry Level Students
- 3-SKY 4/4 Full-Size SKYVN201 - Best Solid Maple Wood Violin
- 4-Easter EVA-2 1/2 Violin Set -Half Size Fiddle for Kids
- 5-SKY Brand New Children's Violin 1/16 Size- Best for Gift
- 6-Mendini Size 1/4 MV-Pink Solid Wood Violin - Quality Sound
- Best Kids Violin FAQs
Top Best Kids Violin 2021
Here are our best 7 best kids violins list.
Crescent Student Violin -Best starter Kit for kids
Cremona SV-75 Violin -Best for Entry Level Students
SKY VN201 Violin -Best Solid Maple Wood Violin
Easter EVA-2 Violin -Half Size Fiddle for Kids
SKY Brand New Children's Violin - Best for Gift
Mendini MV-Pink Violin - Quaility sound
1-Crescent Student Violin Starter Kit-Best starter Kit for kids
This amazing violin is a wonderful option for the ones who want to learn the basics of a violin. It is a stunning natural wood full size 4/4 violin. It weighs 3.99 pounds so its pretty light in weight.
Crescent has 4 strings and it is available in a variety of colors. Due to the range of colors its very popular among kids. The case is of good quality and well made. Moreover, it has enough space for 2 bows that can be put there. The tuner is good and smooth as well.
For an easy backup, the horsehair can be stretched and relaxed by a lock at the end of a loop. You won't spend much in the beginner's violin so it's a good budget-friendly option for you and your kid.Specifications:
- Maple back and sides with a solid spruce top
- Alloy tailpiece along with four fine tuners
- The beginner kit has a bow, rosin, carry case (interior case color may vary)
- It has crescent digital e-tuner(e-tuner color may vary)
- This model has a smooth shiny finish
- 2 shoulder straps on the bottom of the case
- Bow is very smooth and solid
One thing to be noticed, its bridge is not attached just to avoid any kind of damage during travel. So u have to attach the bridge yourself.
2-Cremona SV-75 Premier Novice Violin: Best for Entry Level Students
This violin comes in different sizes 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/10, 1/16, 3/4, 4/4 but very famous in small sizes. It is available in different colors like traditional brown, sparkling black, sparkling blue, sparkling green, sparkling purple, sparkling rose.
If you are looking for a color recommendation then go with sparkling blue because it gives a fresh look to your child.
Cremona SV-75 has a wood material type and 4 strings. Its top material is of spruce and its body, back and neck material is of maple. It weighs 14.4 ounces. This violin comes with prelude strings which are the prioritized strings for kids.Specifications:
- The hardwood pegs are adjusted accurately
- The weightless composite tailpiece is adjusted with 4 smooth tuners for easy tuning
- It has low key chinrest.
- Its neck is oily look for good feel
- Bow is nicely positioned for hassle-free playing
- Its string height and string spacing is accurate for exact fingers placement and modulation
- Amazing hardwood fittings
- Hand-carved solid spruce and solid maple body
3-SKY 4/4 Full-Size SKYVN201 - Best Solid Maple Wood Violin
This is a beautiful violin best for beginners. SKY comes in different sizes 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/10, 1/16, 3/4, 4/4 but it also famous in smaller sizes. Moreover, It has a variety of colors like natural, bronze, and black colors.
It has a good professional setup and is ready to play. SKY comes with 1 triangular violin case which is very lightweight, 1 brazilwood bow, and 1 good quality shoulder rest.
It has a strong classy top and a solid highly flamed maple back, sides, neck, and scroll. Its chinrest and fingerboard are made of strong maple wood. Its tailpiece is also made from maple wood with 4 fine quality innate fine tunerSpecifications:
- Splendid oil gloss
- The bow has a double pearl eye
- Austrian rosin cake of amazing quality is there
- It has original unpolished Mongolian horsehair
- Advance adjusted bridge and good quality steel strings
- Its rubber mute is weightless
- Produces pleasant sound with great resonance
- Its weightless case has rainproof canvas surface
- Shoulder straps with sheet music sack and accessory slot
- It has wonderful inlaid purfling and pegs
Overall it's a good violin ready to use and can be carried comfortably anywhere.
A soft velvet silky smooth cloak is there to shelter the face of the violin once its case is closed
4-Easter EVA-2 1/2 Violin Set -Half Size Fiddle for Kids
This violin is available in a variety of sizes like 4/4( the largest), 3/4, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/10, 1/16, 1/32( the smallest) & most popular in 1/32 size. It weighs 4.4 pounds. This violin is formerly strung so you have to set up the bridge and tune.
The whole violin informed completely by hand. The covering is very sleek and the black line is unique. It feels really nice to touch.Specifications:
- It is made up pf a classy wood panel, maple backboard, and side plate in the obsolescent glaze.
- Its tuning pegs are nicely fitted
- It has a marked neck fingerboard inset with Muscovite fingerboard spot which is handy and comfortable for kids excellent fingering placement during the learning process
- It has a date wood chin rest, maple wood neck, pear-wood fingerboard, tail nail, aluminum alloy strain plate, and four combined good-tuning tuners.
So it is one of the best and comfortable choices for kids who want to learn in the early stages & also considering the cost factor.
5-SKY Brand New Children's Violin 1/16 Size- Best for Gift
It is really perfect for kids between 3 to 5 years old. It is already set and ready to use Boys can opt for a blue color which is really cool and girls can have rosy-pink color in it which seems very attractive.
Kids can take Suzuki lessons on it. The length of its body is 8 inches.Specifications:
- It comes full with one brazilwood bows
- It has raw Mongolian horsehair
- Its case and rosin is very light in weight and good
- Beautiful shine finish.
- It has a sturdy wood top, a strong wood back, neck scroll and sides
- Includes fingerboard, strong wood pegs and chinrest with 4 good tuners
- The case has rainproof covering external including shoulder straps
- It offers a new bridge and awesome quality strings.
If you find that it takes longer for the strings to tune in and pegs do not remain intact then apply a little pressure to the pegs inside during tuning, this will enhance the friction between pegs and pegbox and help strings to remain tuned.
6-Mendini Size 1/4 MV-Pink Solid Wood Violin - Quality Sound
Mendini MV-Pink is an alluring violin with a metallic pink glaze finish. It is available in different sizes like 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 3/4, and 4/4. This Mendini model has an amazing eye-catching variety of colors. It weighs 4 pounds.
It comes with violin first lesson book, Cecilio clip-on tuner, and a weightless sturdy case having pockets, shoulder straps, and backpack. MV-Pink has a maple fingerboard, pegs, chinrest, and an alloy tailpiece with four combined good tuners.Specifications:
- It has sturdy maple sides and back.
- Hand engraved with solid classy covering.
- It has a curved bridge that is gripped down totally by the pressure of strings.
- It has brazilwood bow with original horsehair
- Adjustable shoulder rest with cozy fluffy lining
At what age should a child begin learning the violin?
Three years is an ideal age for kids to start learning the violin. Kids below three years of age cannot take advantage fully from the music lessons much. As honest advise, child must wait until four or five years of age, to begin with learning the violin.Is learning the violin worth it for the kids?
Learning violin can be fun for kids and can build a lot of qualities among them like self-sufficiency, discipline, self-confidence, awareness. And they can learn it all along with joy n happiness.Can the violin be good for the brain?
It is an excellent option for relaxing the mind and body. It improves intellectual mental skills and enhances your memory as well.How can I choose a violin for my kid?
A: You can easily choose the violin for your kid depending on your child's age, learning ability, choice of color, height, etc. All kid's violins come up with their specifications depending upon kid's skills and age so you can make your choice easily.Conclusion
We have provided you with every possible information about the kids' violin. Now you have got a list of features you need when purchasing the perfect violin.
Kids have different skills based on their talent, interest, musical background, family history, etc so you can select beginner models or the decent ones for them accordingly.
You need to carefully consider the size, color, model, accessories of a good violin keeping your child's interests in mind, and bring home the instrument that your child will fall in love with immediately and adopt it as a hobby. It will certainly help in building the best infrastructure for the future.
If your kids need helps how to play violin then check our best violin books and for practice check the best violin cover songs. We are glad to tell you that our top articles best violin for beginners and best violin brands 2021 will be worthful for you and your child. So read it and enjoy it!!